Engineers Code of Ethics
1. Engineers shall hold paramount the safety, health, and welfare of the public in the performance of their professional duties.
4. Engineers shall act in professional matters for each employer or client as faithful agents or trustees, and shall avoid conflicts of interest.
5. Engineers shall build their professional reputation on the merit of their services and shall not compete unfairly with others.
6. Engineers shall act in such a manner as to uphold and enhance the honor, integrity, and dignity of the profession.
7. Engineers shall continue their professional development throughout their careers and shall provide opportunities for the professional development of those engineers under their supervision.
Effective September 1 2010, Eta Kappa Nu became a part of IEEE, the world's largest technical professional association. The organization, now called IEEE-HKN, follows the governing guidelines of IEEE and the IEEE-HKN Operational Procedures.